Or, New Year, new you!
As this post is made, it’s New Year’s Day today. Despite what may have been, this day has a special resonance for most; it’s a re-set, a new start, another chance to make good, be good, do good.
There are a million (literally more no doubt) affirmations that can be found on the Internet. I most prefer the ones that use words like precious jewels. An affirmation made up of a few well-chosen words, one that is easy to remember, so that it is swift to read and easy to internalise.
Here’s my pick for my daily affirmation for 2014.
Be the person you’d want to meet.
This Affirmation Angel project is based on the Kewpie Doll Angel project of December 2013 (click here to take you to the instructions) with the only changes being:
- Her wings are made from magenta coloured feathers. (If you can’t find the pink feathers you want, dye them using food colouring and vinegar, see the end of this post).
- She has a scrap strip of pale pink silk wrapped around her body as a ‘slip’.
- The tulle is the stiff tulle, not the drapey sort.
- She has a hook glued at the back of her head to hang her from the wall.
- She has a printed affirmation glued to her hands (11point, Palatino).
* * * * * * * * * *
Your bespoke Affirmation Angel
will of course;
- be holding your personal choice of phrase,
- can be any colour (dye the feathers, oh, the possibilities),
- and can be hung anywhere you need a sweet reminder of what’s important to you.
I have hung my angel on my closet door above my drawers where I keep my lingerie and jewellery and stockings. She will be seen several times a day as I dress in the morning, and as I prepare for sleep at night.
You could make one for yourself, and while you’re in the groove, perhaps consider making one for a special friend!
Best wishes for the New Year.
You can make them; Magenta feathers. Here’s how:
Following are some photographs that show how to dye feathers using food colouring.
Read each caption for tips.
|Success! Marvellous magenta!|